Aged care facility testing
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology provides dedicated pathology services for aged care facilities (ACFs), including individual and bulk testing.
For general enquiries, please contact our ACF hotline on (07) 3377 8110.
More information on ACF bookings, collections and results can be found below.
The quickest way to book our services is through the online booking form.
Requests for pathology collection and specimen pick-up can be made using our dedicated online portal.
The online portal is the quickest and easiest way to request pathology services:
- Simple online form
- Update resident contact information
- No phone wait times
- Book pathology collection and specimen pick-up
Note: our collection days for ACFs are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. However, we will support urgent testing from referring doctors on other days.
Pathology results for ACFs are delivered to the referring doctor, with an additional copy to your Sonic Dx account.
Apply for Sonic Dx
Sonic Dx accounts are available to assist ACFs in managing resident pathology results.
Learn more about Sonic Dx by reading the Sonic Dx brochure here, or apply for an ACF Sonic Dx account by completing the ACF application form linked below.
Preparing for collection
The below preparation tips will help to ensure swift and accurate pathology collection and processing.
- Pick-ups: request forms and specimens for pick-up should be kept in designated areas that are accessible to collectors, e.g. at nursing stations or in reception areas.
- Identification: to assist with correct identification of residents, please add a label or append the request form with the resident’s last name, date of birth, ward and bed location.
- Specimen labels: ensure specimens are clearly labelled with the resident’s first name, last name and date of birth.
- Storage: urine specimens should be refrigerated. Faeces and swab specimens can be kept at room temperature.
COVID-19 swab collections
View our animated video to assists aged care nurses and staff in performing COVID-19 swab collections.
This video demonstrates the procedure and includes instructions for:
- Appropriate preparation
- Throat and nasal swab collection
- Packaging the completed swab
Training video for COVID-19 swab collection
Infectious disease reports
Our Microbiology department continually monitors infectious diseases circulating in our service area. Our Infectious Disease Reports are updated mid-week.