Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and holter monitoring
Your doctor has referred you to have Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring and/or Holter Monitoring.
These tests are performed at selected Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology collection centres. Appointments are required. For the location and telephone number of your nearest collection centre, please visit our Collection Centre Locations, or telephone Patient Services Support on (07) 3377 8666 (freecall 1800 777 877 for callers outside Brisbane).
These tests require you to wear a small monitor for a 24 or 48 hour period. In order to prepare for these tests please:
- Shower before your appointment as you cannot shower again until the monitor is removed.
- Wear loose, 2-piece clothing with short sleeves for ease of fitting and removal of the monitor.
- Bring a list of your medications.
- A return appointment will be made for you for the removal of the device.
- Do not use moisturising lotion, powders, perfume, aerosol deodorants etc. after your shower.
- You will be unable to have X-Rays or scans while wearing the monitor and must avoid electromagnetic fields.
- Males may require their chest to be shaved. This can be done prior to their appointment if preferred.
Please note: If you experience any of the following symptoms whilst the monitor is being worn, please contact your GP or relevant health care professional:
- Heart palpatations
- Chest pain
- Extra beats
- Shortness of breath
- If you faint
DO NOT wait until your removal appointment if you experience pain, discomfort or have any concerns regarding your health.
Holter monitor service
There is an out-of-pocket expense for this test. Patients are required to pay the out-of-pocket fee upfront, prior to the test being performed. Concession fees are available.
Ambulatory blood pressure monitor service
There is an out-of-pocket expense for this test. Patients are required to pay the out-of-pocket fee upfront, prior to the test being performed. Concession fees are available. There is no Medicare rebate for this service.
*Visit www.snp.com.au for current pricing schedule.
Item number 35395 - Issue date September 2019