As one of Australia’s largest pathology practices, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology provides a range of cardiac investigation and diagnostic services including ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and holter monitoring.
With trained staff conveniently located in collection centres across Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory, you can access our services with minimal waiting time.
Services currently available include:
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM): Blood pressure is measured regularly over a 24-hour period as you go about your normal activities.
- Holter monitoring: A small, portable, and lightweight device which monitors the electrical activity of your heart is worn over a 24 or 48 hour period.
Detailed information about these tests can be found by selecting the relevant patient guide below.
If you think you might be having a heart attack, call 000 immediately.
The most common heart attack warning signs are:
- Chest discomfort and/or pain in the jaw, arm, or back
- Dizziness, light-headedness, feeling faint or feeling anxious
- Nausea, indigestion, vomiting
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sweating or a cold sweat
The above information can be found at The Heart Foundation Australia website.